Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving fun

The Tuesday before thanksgiving Russ was out of school really early and I didn't have class. We were planning to do a few things to get ready for our trip to Washington, but our plans were changed when I was asked to take one of my cub scouts out for the day to give his grandma a break. Cameron is a nice kid and a real talker if you get him started on Pokemon ( a subject which I hardly know anything about). Because of certain learning disabilities he can try one's patiences. But in all, he is a real sweet boy.

I had to think of something fun to do. Cameron would be completely happy just coming over and playing his Nintendo DS ( no clue what DS means) the whole time. But I would not be happy with that! It would be completely lame. With no kids of my own, I really didn't have anything at the house to entertain him with besides board games. And he really isn't the board game type. So instead, I got my neighbor Misty and her kids (who had the whole week off for Thanksgiving BTW!!!) and we went to the dog park. I don't know about the rest of them, but I had fun.

The first picture is Marriah trying to get Athena to jump over the jumping thingy. The next is Athena showing of her agility! haha.



For a while we were the only ones at the park which is sad because I think it would have been more fun for the kids with the 50 other dogs running around like there was the last time I went. But not to fear!! I had thought ahead and brought Crochet! My family used to play this all the time when I was a child and I loved it. Russell set us up a really crazy course.






















Here are a couple other shots from the day. The kids in the Car and Misty and Marriah on the dog tunnel.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute kids! You'll get some too someday! :) Oh my gosh, but get your sleep NOW! haha

the Danosaur said...

That sounds like a way fun day!

Rachel said...

Aww, how fun! P.S. I LOVE your background. It's really cute.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

How fun! And how amazing that you have a great neighbor with kids...one day I'll meet them and our kids can play. What a good person you are to take care of one of your scouts, I need my heart more into that program.

misty said...

I'm famous! I'm on Kim's blog! Thanks for including us in that fun day. Kim forgot to add that she helped Cameron make cookies for my son, and they were the softest, yummiest sugar cookies. Kim, you're wonderful and I'm so glad you're my neighbor/co-den leader/sister/the person who has take care of the dog my daughter loves.