- I am in my last semester at school. Hurray. What more can be said? I'm only taking four classes. Macroeconomics (bleehh but it's a requirement), Intro to Ancient Rome (excited), Medieval cultures (I was excited but I went to class today and found out it is being taught by a philosophy professor and cross listed with a 4000 level philosophy class thus this class really should be called Medieval Philosophy. Anyone who has heard my rants knows that I greatly...dislike philosophy and I thought I was done with it all last semester! Alas, it is a required course.) And last but not least, I am taking Survey to Human Nutrition. This is not a requirement...sort of. I needed one more upper division elective and this is the only one that fit into my schedule and sounded interesting. I am actually very excited about this class. It looks fun, easy, interesting, and educational. So those are my impressions after my first day of class.
- Last week I had a whole week of nothing to do. And since I had already spent enough time relaxing at my parents house for 3 weeks, I actually got stuff done last week. I finally finished a set of curtains that I started a year-and-a-half ago. There are three windows in our family room. Two windows had matching curtains. One window had an ugly white accordion cloth window shade stapled in place. Now all three windows have matching Roman shades!!!! I also made curtains for our bedroom and Russell's office while I was in the mood. And now my mood is over and my sewing stuff is packed away again.
- I have a new calling. I am now the Young Womens secretary at church. This calling came with a little bit of sadness because it meant I was released from cub scouts; with which I was having a blast. I am a little intimidated at times with my new calling. I feel like I can relate and manage rowdy little boys better than relating to emotional teenage girls. But I think it must be Heavenly Father's answers to my prayers when I've expressed lots and lots of worries lots and lots of times about future teenage daughters. I know it's kind of early to be worried about this, especially since I have no children of my own. Yet, this really really scares me when I think back on my own teenage years, choices that I made, and the relationship I had with my mom. I'm not sure if Heavenly Father is trying to scare me more with this new calling or make me more comfortable... it's too early to tell.
- I took Athena to the vet last week. She needed her annual vaccinations and check up stuff to make sure she's not infested with diseases and parasites. She passed with flying colors. I even posted her report card on the fridge for the whole world to see. I was especially proud since we only had to make ONE trip this year instead of the FOUR trips we made last year. I gave her a half pill more of the magic yellow sleepy pills this time, and it seemed to finally do the trick. Of course, it did mean that Athena couldn't walk. Thus, I couldn't let her out to go to the bathroom that morning. And so with that, and because she is deathly scared of the vet, she had a hard time controlling her bowls. She pooped twice on the Vet's examination table, once on our driveway, and just the slightest little bit on the floor of the truck. Lucky, even though I had to carry her from place to place, she was kind enough to not poop on me.
- Today is mine and Russell's three year anniversary.
And thats all I can think of right now.
5 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you're doing something more exciting than babysitting this year. :o)
hey Cool new calling! I think you'll do great. :) And it's a little bit of both. ;)
Happy Anniversary and really cute engagement picture!
Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe you've been married three years . . . that's insane. :) Yay!!
did you make the cake pops? i sure hope you took a picture.
Post a Comment