Thursday, February 3, 2011

Project finished!

I just finished making a blanky for soon to be here in May baby girl and I LOVE It!

















Up close.















The flip side-- super soft bubble fleece.






















I asked Russ last night if it was blog worthy. He said something to the effect of "well, if getting pregnant, finding out it's a girl, on top of all of Bennett's milestones and accomplishments aren't blog worthy..."

Ok, ok, so I'm really not a great blogger. I have blog ideas all the time. Obviously these don't really make it past the "idea" stage.


So here is some catch up. I am pregnant. I am having a girl. I'm due 2 days before my birthday in May. I don't know which scenario I'd rather avoid; having a baby born on mothers day or having a baby born on my birthday. At least mothers day isn't the same day every year...

Bennett is a crazy guy. He loves to dance. I love watching him when we eat out. He'll just randomly start bobbing his head to the back ground music that nobody else even notices.

He loves books. He'll bring us book after book and then climb up and cuddle in our laps to have it read to him. He especially loves books with animals. He'll start making the animal noises these days unprompted when he sees animals he knows. This includes dogs on bilboards as we drive around and monkeys on random burp clothes that we use as his snot rags to whipe his nose. His best animal sounds are giraffe (just licking the air), cow, lion, elephant (hand up to the face for the nose), monkey, puppy or dog, and kitty-cat. For the animal sounds he doesn't know he'll just point to the that animal over and over to hear us make that animals sound over and over.

He's getting quite the vocabulary. A lot of his words are only comprehensible to Russ and I since we know what he's trying to say. This morning we were able to get him to say baby. He'll try any word we ask him to. His all time best word is "bubble". He says it when he sees the bath tub because he likes bubbles in his bath. He says it when he finds a bubble wand in his toy pile. He says it when he sees bubbles on my cereal in the morning or on the German pancakes we're eating for breakfast. He asks for bubbles whenever he sees the bubble jar. Unfortunately Athena also loves bubbles. She understands when he's asking for them and then starts flipping out. It's kinda hard to blow bubbles for your little toddler guy when you're also trying to keep your crazy dog from trampling him in her efforts to snatch every bubble she can out of the air.

He's really polite and signs please (a lot) to ask for things. The down side is that while he is asking nicely, most of the time I have no idea what it is he's asking for. So, I'll just say "Good please! Go get it!" Sometimes I can figure out what he wants if he's looking strait at it. Most of the time that is not the case and since I'm not very good at mind reading he can get pretty frustrated.

Anyhow, I think that's enough for now. Does anyone have any good ideas for birthday presents for Russ since his birthday is this Sunday. I've already consented to let him watch the Superbowl. Is that birthday present enough?

And for those of you curious enough, here is a link to my Sis-in-law's photog site with our family pictures from Thanksgiving. Cutest family ever!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Those pictures are so great. You guys make me happy.

Great blanket - I'm super impressed!

Let's be friends more...

Rachel said...

Such a cute blanket!! Your daughter will love it. :)

I want preggers pics!

Tamey said...

That blanket is awesome Kimmy. You are so talented! May is going to be a good month and I am excited for you! Love you!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

love the blanky!!

Tierney Kirk said...

Congrats on the baby! I'm also due in May, a week before our anniversary. I keep hoping that he won't come on our anniversary, so I totally understand what you mean about not wanting the baby on your birthday. Hope your little girl cooperates!