Thursday, February 7, 2008

Birthday Bash

Wednesday was Russell's birthday. It was kind of a busy day, and Russell had to study all day. But he was able to take a break for a half hour while we had some friends over for ice cream cake. I forgot to get a group shot, but I did get Russell blowing out his 26 candles. This was my first succesful ice cream cake. It was also my first time using the squeezey decorative thingy for decoratingthe cake..... so it got a little frilly when I got carried away.The best part was that I didn't even buy trick candles and Russell still had to blow on several of them multiple times to finally get the flame out.
I got him a new computer chair since our old one is the worst one to sit on for hours like Russell does. You sit on it for 5 minutes and you've already developed a numb bumb. So this new chair will hopefully help save his behind while studying.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Your cake was delicious!!! Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Jan said...

You should mention that it took Russ 26 tries to blow out all of his *non-trick* candles.

Happy Birthday, Russ.

Great cake, Kim.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

you said "numb bumb" :) Next time, get a group shot! Beautiful cake.