Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring is in the air...

and boy do I find it distracting!!! I just can't help it! I love working outside and I hate doing homework. So the procrastination is inevitable. Don't worry, I will pay for it with my precious sleep.

I have been having so much fun working in our garden and planting flowers and such around our house. It's so excited to see how nice it looks when things are blooming and growing and everything is so green! Here are some pictures of our front planter area. I wish the grass looked as good... but it doesn't. I'm excited about how many bulbs came up!! I can't remember what all the varieties were that I planted, but when they start to bloom they are going to be so beautiful!




































In the back, we finally moved all the dirt that was around our patio and flattened it out. We planted two Lillies of the Nile, two Orleans Jasmine, and a peach tree. Today I put down seeds for a variety of flowers to fill in the spaces. We also planted another tree in the middle of the backyard but I have no pictures of it.

Behind the grill I planted some thornless black berries. My mom was nice enough to pull me up some shoots from my Grandma's garden while she was in Utah last week . I got them in the mail yesterday. I sure hope they live!






Here is the dog proofed herb planter. Athena finally gave up trying to use it as a bed. It also has some strawberries that I will replant later in their own spot. The rocks are to stop the rain from digging a trench when the water falls off the roof. But I think they're pretty too.









The vegetable garden is doing spectacular too.


The zucchini are getting bigger everyday. I have four mounds of zucchini so i'm sure we'll have plenty to share!

Here are the bean. I planted both yellow wax as well as regular green beans. These are my FAVORITE garden goody. I love beans, and I find it rediculous to buy them at the store. Plus they never look as good.

The tomatoes are also doing spectacular. I have A LOT of tomato plants, and I don't even LIKE tomatoes. At least not fresh. But I do like them in things. And Russell loves vine ripened tomatoes.

I've also got squash, bell peppers, green onions, carrots, beets, cucumbers, and lettuce grow planted. I've been meaning to plant some watermelon, but I haven't decided where to put it yet. My school schedule is pretty busy and so I was concerned I wouldn't have enough time to take care of the garden. So I just planted as much as I could hoping that at least something will come of it.

7 comments:

the Danosaur said...

WOW! I am so impressed with all your flowers, veggies, herbs, etc. AND you took awesome pictures of them. I am going to have to have you teach me how to do this some day.

Jancisco said...

This is seriously AMAZING! I'm very impressed!

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! It looks wonderful! I'm very impressed!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, look at that garden! so many things, and a peach tree??? i want one, too! we built our planter box and put it in the yard...i am so scared to start this garden...i have no clue what to do with a garden!

Cara Jones said...

Kim! I am so impressed it all look GREAT! The front flowers are beautiful. I have loved planting flowers in our yard too! I am so impressed with the veggies though. I haven't quite convinced myself that I am ready to try a garden again this year, the one I planted two years ago failed miserably!!!! Hope to see you soon!

Rachel said...

Hahaha, I love how you say that you have a busy school schedule so you were worried about doing too much, and then just LOOK at all the stuff you have!! It's awesome Kimmy. :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow Kim!!! You've done so much! It looks great! :-D I'm excited to see it when it's all grown and beautiful!!