I haven't posted for a while. It's mostly been a mix of being really busy this past month, and just not feeling up to it. But I thought maybe I would just make a quick list of a few things I am excited for, things that have been going on, and other things of that nature.
Russ and I finished finals last Friday. Russell has one year of four (in actual school) down. Hopefully by taking classes this summer, I will be able to graduate next may.
Last Saturday I got to hold my friend's new baby. He's still in that teeny tiny stage where they just seem so fragile. I've definitely become a lot better at holding little babies in the past year, starting last June in Puerto Rico with our nephew. I don't think I had ever held one so little before that. (Maybe my little sister but if I can't remember it, I don't think it counts).
Russell and I spent a little bit of our stimulus package from the government and bought a few things for our trip next weekend. We bought a tent, a camp stove, and a dutch oven. I spent yesterday trying to start seasoning the dutch oven to get it ready for yummy campfire cooking. I'm trying to convince Russell that we should dig a fire pit in our backyard all for the perfecting of Dutch Oven cooking. I found a website that has lots of dutch oven recipe ideas. I think my biggest problem will be trying to narrow it down to one for my first try.
The neighbor's dogs broke into our backyard yesterday. We have 3 neighbors that we share a fence with. Two have had their dogs break through. Now i'm just waiting for the third and I'll have met all my neighbors sad, dirty, and neglected dogs. The two that broke through today were really timid and just kept barking at first. One slipped back under the fence, but the other one I think had a harder time doing it. So after trying for a few minutes, we decided instead just to put them on a leash and walk them back. This took some time since the dogs would not come near us. But with a few treats, and some gentle talking, they eventually gave in. Luckily I had this leashy thingy from the vet that you just slip over the dog's head-- it made it a lot easier to catch. We walking over to the next court, but their owners weren't home. So we let them into their backyard, and then ran hoping to get back home before they slipped under the fence again. With an old fence board and a bazillion rocks dug up from our backyard when plowing our garden, we filling in the space where they were getting under. Hopefully it will hold them!
I pulled my sewing stuff out yesterday to finally finish my last curtain in a set of three that has been waiting to be finished since.... forever ago. Only to find that I had used up all that color thread to make Russell's laptop case a month ago. And since it was Sunday, I couldn't just make a quick trip to the store. So we'll see how many more months it will be until I finally pull it out again.
I start back into school today. I'm taking one class in three weeks. It's called a minimester. I have class every day for three hours. Hopefully the teacher is a little entertaining otherwise this is going to get old real quick! I really, really need to start exercising again-- So i'm going to set the goal to go to the UTSA rec center before class!
Can't think of anything else on my mind.
Two Years Later: The Exclusion Policy
8 years ago
3 comments:
HURRAY KIM!!! lol Do you have any idea how happy I was to see you'd updated? lol
Sad little dogs. Oh and a minimester? That's cute. Heh, and yes, hopefully your teacher isn't boring..
Kim! It sounds like you guys are doing great! Isn't it such a great feeling to have Russell be done with a WHOLE year! When Jeff took his last final it was such a relief :-). Have fun taking summer school. I did several summer classes like that in AZ, but they are only 2 weeks and you go to school from 7am-11am... yuck! The classes are usually easy though! Have a good summer. If you guys ever want to do something let us know- we would love to hang out!
mini mester...that is so funny that greyson is the smallest baby you'd held..he was 2 months old! I wanna hear about your camping and birthday festivities!
Post a Comment