I thought maybe i'd list a lot of excuses for why I haven't been blogging lately. But then I decided not to. The biggest one is that I just haven't felt like it. I finally told Russell last Sunday that it was his job to do the next post. He said he tried yesterday then texted me with "i got nothin". So the task has fallen back into my lap.
So mostly this is a post just for the sake of posting. It's nothing exciting. No awesome news. No adventurous story. No travel documentary. Perhaps I'll do a list....
-I'm avoiding Breaking Dawn. I know that if I get started on it, I wont do anything else. And I have a few "anything elses" to do. Mostly the biggest thing standing in my way is that I have to trudge my way through The Fellowship of the Ring by Friday. Then I have a short 3-5 page paper due a week from today. Plus two finals next Tuesday and Wednesday. After that, my 2 week summer vacation will finally begin!!! I've found it really hard to motivate myself to do any schoolwork lately. It's just the end of summer school and I"m ready for a break. I just have to hold out for another week!! and then Breaking Dawn you are mine!!! .......i've developed a little guilty pleasure in sentence mapping. Who'd have ever thought I would enjoy a grammar class so much!!!!.....
I'm excited for my two week break in school. Hopefully it will be enough before I start another 18 credits in the fall. My first weekend off we're heading out to Austin to babysit our nieces and nephews for a few days. We're excited to spend time with those cute kids. We are kinda bummed about missing our stake conference with Russell M. Nelson (or is it M. Russell Ballard... it's Russell something!) coming to speak to us. We had to turn down our spots in the "special" stake choir. I think I'm a little more bummed about that than Russell is. But the kiddos will be fun too.
Next I'm flying out to Morgan Hill to visit my parents and sister. My older brother will be visiting too! I'm flying out on Aug. 18th, which is my mom's birthday. August is a fabulous month in California. I can't wait to hit up In-N-Out, Sunset Beach, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, maybe go scuba diving with my dad and visiting cousins, maybe do a quick trip to hike in Yosemite, and so much more. I'm super excited because my good friend/ old roommate/ sister in-law is coming with me. I'll also of course be visiting with old friend and spending time with my family that I miss more and more while I live out here in distant Texas. I can't wait until I graduate so that we can vacation at the same time.
I fly back from California the day before I start classes again. I'm sort of dreading the fall semester. While I did really well my last 18 credit house semester, I barely came out alive. But i'm determined to do it so that my last and final semester of school (when i'll be absolutely sick of school) will be a breeze.
So thats whats going on.
Two Years Later: The Exclusion Policy
8 years ago
6 comments:
HOLY CRAP!!!! 18 Credits?! Are you mad?! lol Oh my gosh. Good luck with next semester. What courses are you taking?
I'm soooo glad you posted. :-D Hurray!! lol
Also, I'm really really excited for your trip out here! It's almost here!! Yay! And I'm looking forward to seeing Rachel too. :) The boardwalk is gunna be fun! I think Margot and Sara will be able to come too. See you soon!!
"Trudging" through Fellowship of the Ring? Not a Tolkein fan, I take it...?
Wow, you are one busy girl! Good luck with this last week of school!
Actually Dani, I started out thinking I would just be "trudging through" from everything I've heard about the book being "too detailed". But I'm actually really enjoying it. So now the "trudge" is more about getting through such a big section so fast for school.
aww, you updated your background too! It's very pretty. :)
Ugh, I hate that last bit of school before a break...so hard! I hope it goes well. And I'm excited for you to "break" open the 4th book of the Twilight Series. I just finished it yesterday, I had the same problem of "couldn't do anything until it was done" but I loved it. You've probably heard people either loving it or hating it...my advice? Read it with an open mind :) Good luck!
I am so grateful you came to watch my kids--they adore you. And I am truly saddened that you had to miss the apostle and singing. It breaks my heart, in fact. Know how much I love and appreciate you for the love you show my family.
Post a Comment