These first few pictures are from a mutual activity. Russ and I both work with the youth, so we get to hang out sometimes at combined young men and young women activities. Russ has fond memories of "mall madness" at a youth. The point was to go to a mall and find a few of the ward members hanging out there in disguise!!! For our activity we went to Walmart instead since it was closer. Russ was very excited to be chosen to disguise himself and we found a Pedro costume at a party supply store. Our friend Lindsey Whiting helped us put it all together.
I tried the wig on for size. I thought seriously about cutting it this short for reals afterward, but then decided I didn't like the thought of really short hair while pregnant.
Next up: PUERTO RICO!!!!!
Russ and I lucked out this year and had spring break at the same time!!! We flew out to Puerto Rico (a favorite vacation spot for us) to visit Russell's brother and his family. A lot of these pictures were taken on an Island just off Puerto Rico called Culebra were we stayed for two nights on a pretty empty beach. It was all heavenly. It almost brings me to tears to think that Ryan and Alayna will move back state side this summer. We didn't really take a lot of pictures of the two of us.
Last bu not least: St. Patrick's day! I will write the rest of this post in green to commemorate this wonderful day! Again, there are more pictures in my facebook album. I love St. Patrick's day. I don't really know why. I'm not Irish. I'm not Catholic. I just really like Corned beef and Darby O'Gil.
We almost didn't have corned beef this year!!! Russ and I went to the grocery store late monday night (all my fault) and they were all out!!! We called another store and they were all out as well!!! Luckily I convinced Russ to try one more store and we got lucky (hurray for st. Patrick's day luck) because they had plenty. It was harder this year to get all the cooking done since I had school that day. But my good neighbor Misty was awesome and helped get the corned beef started before I got home. Unfortunately, since I had no appetite for food at this time, I really did not enjoy eating the corned beef. This was a little depressing. Of course I had to eat some still so that my guests wouldn't think I'd poisoned it or something. I served a couple of other things.... but I can't really remember what. I do remember that Ann-Marie made AMAZING sugar cookies though! I just love St. Patrick's day!! How does Darby O'Hill sound for a baby name? 









1 comment:
i love a green party ! the balloons are awesome!
Post a Comment