I need some ideas on how to pass all this time I have at home just waiting...
I've cleaned my house multiple times. I'm getting tired of this because it always seems to get uncleaned even faster.
I've pretty much finished all the projects I've been working on. I'm not really in the mood to start yet another one.
I've been doing lots of walking. Pretty much twice a day; once in the morning with friends, and once in the even with Russ.
I've practiced the piano a lot lately. This just makes me depressed that I'm not taking lessons these days.
I've given my dog multiple baths. Usually she's lucky if I give her a bath once every 6 months.
Everything is pretty much ready and waiting for this little guy to get here. My mind is blank. What am I supposed to do with myself for the next possibly and probably two and half weeks?!?! I'm so jealous of Russ that he can go to school and have other things to think about all day. I feel like I waste way to much time mindlessly perusing the internet completely bored and uninterested in most the stuff I look at just to pass the time. I need some distraction. I need a routine. I NEED some structure. Otherwise I think i'm going to go insane just waiting for things to get moving around here.
Two Years Later: The Exclusion Policy
8 years ago
5 comments:
Have you read some pregnancy/labor books? Those might help. Is there a community college that has some free "self improvement" courses? Go do some volunteering at a library or a soup kitchen or something. :)
hm.... I just looked around the room I'm in at my Great-Aunt's house and she has this little statue of an old man peeing in a urinal. I don't think it's anatomically correct though. lol
You could ... make frozen dinners so after the baby comes all you have to do is have Russ warm them up in the oven. Write in your journal about how you're doing/feeling. ... I don't know. I hope you find something entertaining to do. :)
read LOTS of books.
watch movies.
walk down every isle of every store by your house...
good question?
i wish my kids would let me do absolutely nothing and get a way with it!
Ya take advantage of the "have nothing to do" stage in life. When the baby comes. that will never come back....ever.
But I recommend ready parenting books, preferablly one called "Baby Whisperer". It helped me so much with #1 as to get a routine going.
You can make a scrapbook? I have a 1st year template that is easy and can be made before and then you stick in the photos...That will definitely keep you busy...but mostly, just relax and rest...because again, not going to happen ever again and a lot of times, wish I was back before I had kids with time.
I think everyone gave some good suggestions. I like the suggestion especially of making a bunch of meals and freezing them. You're probably going to be so exhausted you won't want to cook, and I know you like to eat healthy so that might help.
You could ask your Relief Society president if there's anyone that needs dinners, babysitting, etc. Service always is good.
Reading is always great too. Jane Eyre might need to be read again... ;)
Oh and don't forget to let yourself be soooo excited about what's going to be happening soon. :)
Good ideas. Maybe you could do some tutorials online about HTML or something. Something totally unrelated to having a baby. Or go out and take pictures everyday of sites in San Antonio.
Or just take lots of naps.
Post a Comment