Friday, October 9, 2009

Remembering High School


High school. I have a lot of mixed feelings about my green and gold days. There are lots of things I would like to forget. But of course, there are also lots of things I'd like to remember.


My high school's mascot is memorable to me. We were the mighty Acorns! Our battle cry was "BUST A NUT!" I think that competing schools came up with it first, but we accepted it and took it as our own. Our boys water polo team had "we bust ours to kick yours" written across the front and the back of their speedos. So mature I know. (I just looked at my High School's website and it looks as though the faculty have toned it done to "go nuts!") Anyhow, I bring this up because one of my fellow Live Oakian Alumni recently posted a link to an interesting blog. The post is from a blog called Mental Floss. 31 Unbelievable High School Mascots. I am very proud of my school for making this short list. Thank you Mental Floss. It really is an honor.


However, I do believe that a neighboring schools in Hollister, San Benito High School, should have also made the cut since their mascot is the Hollister Hay Baylers.

2 comments:

the Danosaur said...

There is a school in Utah called the Jordan Beetdiggers. Wow. A close second is the Davis Darts. It doesn't top the ones on that list, but... I think they should've made the cut!

PS - "Go nuts" on speedos sounds pretty questionable to me!

Rachel said...

Hahaha! Your mascot is so funny looking. He has very beefy legs. ;)