Saturday, May 31, 2008

Enchiladas

Russ and I tried a new enchilada sauce this week. And it was delicious! So I thought I would share it. I found it on allrecipes.com. I like this site because you can search for recipes, but at the bottom people can leave comments, corrections, or additions.

For the meat, we just cooked it with taco seasoning, onions, and garlic. You just wrap that up with cheese inside a tortilla and then pour this delicious sauce over the top.


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 to 5 teaspoons of chili powder depending on how hot you want the sauce
  • 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate

DIRECTIONS

  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high high heat. Saute onion until tender. Stir in garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon; saute for a few minutes.
  2. Stir in flour and chili powder, stirring until sauce thickens. Slowly whisk in chicken broth; reduce until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in chocolate until melted and well blended.

3 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i also love how you can see comments and see how others tweaked a recipe or made it easier...soo fantastic! why do we even need cook books anymore?

Angela Hill said...

Sounds Yummy! Thanks for the share.
Another website, I like this more than Allrecipes is www.recipezaar.com It is the same idea as allrecipes, I always type a recipe I am looking for and then I sort that by the Rating. I got the best sloppy Joe Recipe from there. Try recipe #63689 it has 294 5 start ratings. Nat doesn't like celery so I leave it out and use about 1/2 tsp celery salt. Yum Yum!

Unknown said...

Kiiiiimmm! AUGUST?! What for? Just to visit? Will you be on a break from school? KIiIiM!! Please come visit! How long? I know, it's not all set, but it should be!!

PS. Post something new. lol I'm tired of looking at your sauce recipe. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but I just don't cook! lol